Monday, September 20, 2010

Easy Peasy Muesli

Why have I never thought of this?  Banana Milk!  I saw it while cruising the web for recipes for raw snacks (a whole other post with that one -- like why are so many raw foods made with a dehydrator?).  Anyway, I stumbled uponThe Raw Food Solution, a raw blog that had some very sensible recipes.  A recipe for breakfast cereal features Banana Milk.   It's so simple and naturally sweet.  I tried it today on my muesli and it did not disappoint.   Here is my very simple breakfast recipe.
Muesli with Banana Milk
serves 1
1 c. uncooked certified gluten-free old fashioned oats
1/2 - 1 oz. chopped walnuts (approximately 1/8-1/4 c.)
1 t. cinnamon
1 banana
1 c. raspberries or blueberries or strawberries
1 c. cold water
Blend banana and water together in a blender until smooth.  Place the rest of the ingredients in a bowl.  If you are not watching your calories, you might add dried fruit and/or some raw seeds.  Pour banana milk over cereal and enjoy.  The banana makes it plenty sweet so you needn't add any sweeteners.  So easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment